Podrobnosti záznamu

Název
    History of the Jáchymov (Joachimsthal) ore district
Údaj o odpovědnosti
    František Veselovský, Petr Ondruš, Jiří Komínek
Další názvy
    Historie jáchymovského rudního revíru
Autor
    Komínek, Jiří
    Ondruš, Petr
    Veselovský, František
Jazyk
    anglicky
Zdrojový dokument - seriál
    Journal of the Czech Geological Society
Svazek/č.
    Vol. 42, no. 4
Rok
    1997
Poznámky
    České resumé
    Zkr. název ser.: J. Czech geol. Soc.
Předmětová skupina
    historie
    hornictví
    rudy Ag
    rudy Co
    rudy Ni
    rudy U
Geografické jméno
    ČR-Čechy
    Jáchymov (Karlovy Vary)
Klíčové slovo
    District
    History
    Jáchymov
    Joachimsthal
    Ore
Abstrakt (anglicky)
   Jáchymov was founded in 1516 in place of the former abandoned village Konradsgrün, following discovery of a rich silver deposit. During the first twenty years, the town witnessed a remarkable boom, becoming in 1534 the second largest town in Bohemia, second only to Prague. Jáchymov became an important cultural centre, hosting Agricola, Mathesius and many outstanding personalities of the time. Latin school was founded in Jáchymov; a major part of library assembled in this school was preserved till present. The coins minted in Jáchymov were named after the German name of the town "Thaler", later "tolar", the name which during time was adopted as the name of the USA currency. A mining school was founded in Jáchymov in 1716. The history of the town witnessed periods of expansion and episodes of decline due to wars, fires, plague epidemic waves, and economic problems.
   The original interest in silver was subtituted by mining of cobalt and nickel, later on, uranium was used for production of uranium colours and separation of radium compounds for medical application. The last major mining expansion took place after the Second World War, with extensive mining and ore dressing of uraninite and its exports to USSR. The ore district was exhausted and mining terminated by 1964. Springs of radioactivite water taped in the mines are used since 1906 for curative application in local spa
Přispěvatel
    Česká geologická služba
Kód přispěvatele
    ČGS (UNM)
Zdrojový formát
    U
Datum vložení
    7. 3. 2008
Datum importu
    8. 8. 2012