Record details

    Děčínská termální struktura a Lázně Svatého Josefa
Statement of responsibility
    Petr Glockner
Other titles
    Děčín thermal structure and Lázně Sv. Josefa
    Glockner, Petr
Source title - serial
    Acta Universitatis Carolinae. Geographica
    Roč. 32, č. 2
    s. 47-68
    3 obr., 6 fot., 1 tab., 2 s.bibl.
    Anglické resumé
    Zkr. název ser.: Acta Univ. Carol., Geogr.
Subject group
    česká křídová pánev
    hydrogeologie regionální
    kolektor s hladinou napjatou
    lužický faciální vývoj
    pramen termální
    vodní hospodářství
    zásoba vody
Geographical name
    Česká Lípa
    Ústí nad Labem
Abstract (in english)
   In the Děčínská kotlina Basin there were from 1768 the Lázně Sv. Josefa Spa that definitively disappeared in 1922. Their origin and existence is bound to the owners of the Děčín domain, the counts Thun-Hohenstein. Other famous personalities, both of Saxon and Prussian reformation and of Czech National Revival, are bound with the spa. The famous of them is probably Dr. Miroslav Tyrš, whose father practised there as spa doctor. The end of the spa was due to a number of factors, including, besides the drilling of the thermal structure especially the industrialization of the whole territory, the progress of medical science and economic problems. The natural source of lukewarm water is only on of pouring over of the thermal structure spreading from the ještědský hřbet Ridge to the western neighbourhood of Děčín and from the Česká Kamenice as fas as to Úštěk.
   The structure itself is bound to the depressed territory between the fault belts of the Krušnohorský and Litoměřický zlom Faults, at the east, it is limited by the Lužická porucha Fault. The western limitation is formed by a facial passage of Cretaceous sediments. In the central clinched part, there was thus maintained a group of beds of claystones of the Upper Cretaceous forming artesian ceiling to stretched waterinesses of lukewarm to warm waters bound to psamites of the Cenomanian, Lower and Middle Turonian and partly also Coniac. The first drills were done at the beginning of this century. The maximum of drills were done from the 1960's to the 1990'. Warm to lukewarm waters are in the whole structure mainly used as fresh water, in a lesser extent also to industrial purposes. The highest of water (up to 1000 l/s) more than 13°C warm were pumped away to the Ploučnice River when draining the deep uranium mines near Stráž pod Ralskem.
   In addition, other drills were done into the structure and, according to incomplete data, some 250 l/s were pumped from them. Prospecting works done at the end of the 1980's verified by the AQUIFEM mathematicals model other 150 l/s.
    Česká geologická služba
Contributor code
    ČGS (UNM)
Source format
Entered date
    13. 2. 2008
Import date
    8. 8. 2012